Monday 3 October 2011

Day Ten

More Historical Arts, and a half hour video to boot. We had to make notes on what was being said and about what paintings, etc. Actually very interesting and I'd like to find the video so I can watch the whole thing, as it was about 3 hours long in total.
Then back to our self portraits. I left the fiery one alone and went a little crazy on the other, horrid, floating green head in the middle of icky brown, one. It looks much better now...
Not brilliant, in my opinion, but better.
I then had to do a few more as we need to have 4 or 5 of these done.

I let one dry while I started on the other, then when that was done went back to the first and working into it, etc, etc.

They still need a bit more work. I also discovered something today, if you should happen to use a wax based crayon to work into your picture, make sure you are completely done with the painting 'cos there is no way it's going on after... Luckily, this is the kind of course where mistakes can still be used in the scrapbooks as we can learn from them.
Now comes the hard part. The browny/red one with the green background, Rachel has recommended to put writing in the empty space and it was also pointed out that I'm looking down and a little sad, so I think I know what needs to be written and it's going to be hard to write. Vincent Van Gogh put his feelings onto canvas, as did Edvard Munch, I'm simply following in the footsteps of the great's, and the mentally deranged, let's face it Van Gogh cut his ear off and I'm not at that stage yet.

Oh crap, we have 3D tomorrow and I have no idea what I'm doing. Every time I sit down to think it out I get sidetracked. I think all I need to do is design a vehicle's function and not worry about what it looks like. Maybe focus on an integral part of the vehicle, like the engine, rather than the whole vehicle. Or scrap the whole idea and with just two weeks left come up with a whole new idea. I quite like Emma's idea of boxes.

I reasonable confident I can, at the very least, pass the 2D and photography modules, but the 3D one is going to be a thorn in my portfolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment