Thursday 20 October 2011

Day Eighteen

I know what I need to do now. I've made a To Do List. I need to spend at least 20 hours on each project at home, at least! I need to compare my work with that of other artists and analyse what I've done right and wrong. Do not describe the work, if I have used charcoal they already know that, they have been doing this a long time, also it's kinda obvious, even I could tell if charcoal was used. Don't write like you're talking to your mates down the pub, simply make notes.

A part of me is worried that I'm not going to be able to cope, the rest of me is thinking this is going to be just fine. I suspect we will know for sure on Sunday 30th October. The day before we have to hand in our work for assessment.

Bring on the coffee!

3 comments:

  1. You have a good oportunity to do something with you're life. You do not have a job so there should be nothing to stop you putting in the work you need to suceed. This should not be as hard as you're describing it as. I am also doing an access course (how I found you're blog) with a 20 hours a week part-time job and am far ahead because I work hard. Keep going and you should stop spending so much time worrying and just get on with the work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anonymous - Thank you for your reply. You are right, this is a good opportunity for me which is why I applied for the course, however I'm not going to stop worrying. Each individual person copes with different amounts of stress or new information differently and I worry. I worry for the future and for each project, but worry has never stopped me actually doing the work. Laziness has. I'm lazy, always have been, and it's this laziness that is difficult to overcome.
    I respect that you are doing an access course and working at the same time, I couldn't do that. I hope it goes well for you. As for me, it's hard to break the habits I've fallen into over the years but I'm trying and one day I hope it gets easy for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my tutors has a poster in the studio that reads "If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse" which he always reminds us of if we havent' done enough. This is very true. If you want to eventually make a carreer from you're art, laziness wont be an option. in fact it shouldn't be if you want it badly enough and frogive me for saying but you dont sound like you do. I hope you overcome you're laziness because their is nothing worse than a wasted oportunity.

    ReplyDelete