Monday 7 November 2011

Day Twentytwo

New project. 2D Pattern Design.

At first I was thinking how the hell am I supposed to make a repeating pattern? They're all so complicated. Turn's out that's not necessarily true. After spending about an hour trying to come up with a few design ideas I could work on later we were given a fat black pen and told to just do a doodle.
Then we had to cut the page into four even pieces and rearrange them.

Then add another doodle in the middle, I chose to mirror the main image.
Then we had to duplicate the pattern.
And so on...this time adding an extra element, I chose to mirror the image again and make it lighter.
Finally we were to add colour. The first simply has a blue background, but the second I spent more time on and tried to give it the British Flag colours.

I am very proud of myself. We will be doing a number of different types of pattern design during this project. This is the hand drawn one, next week I will have photos of the tie-dye patterns we started making today, and homework tonight is to start on the tessellation pattern design, so best get cracking.

Please ask before using any of the images shown here, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment