Friday 11 November 2011

Day Twentythree

Another 3D project, after the last one I was kinda shitting a brick. What the hell was I going to do with this one? Well it turns out I didn't need to worry too much on this point. We were told the different types of sculpture we could do, from land art where you find some stones and pile them up on top of each other, to deconstruction/reconstruction where you tear something apart and remake it anew. Many, many options. We were told we could go to a charity shop and look around, find a few things we liked and use them, so I thought about what I had at home and what I could do with what I had. I eventually decided on the teddy bears we have sitting on a canvas chest of drawers. The canvas is black and our bedroom is deliberately kept dark, so I thought about emptying the clothes onto the bed and having the teddy's hide and poke their heads out.  Of course my mind did not stop there, the teddy's had an argument and one of them was found on the floor, bleeding, murdered! Who had done such a thing? So I imagined doing the whole project like a crime scene whodunit. My partner, however, refused to let me kill one of our own teddy's and insisted that if we were to kill one we had to go to a charity shop and buy him first. Well, we came across the cutest little murder victims and they were only 45p each, so it kinda turned into a serial killing.
 Then we found the police officer who will be the first responder to the crime scene when their bodies are found. The chap next to him was also very cute and my partner thins he would be a good killer, but I think that's a bit obvious. We shall find out soon enough who the 'real' killer is when the investigation is over.
I was planning on the final piece being their bodies buried in the ground, and the scrapbook could be the crime scene report. I'll let you know how it ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment