Sunday 27 November 2011

Day Thirty

I spent the morning in the main workshop, painting and working on my 3D project. It was mundane stuff, just painting boxes and working out where things will go, etc, but necessary for the finished piece.

For the afternoon I was back in the computer room and we were doing more animation. I had originally had a flamboyant idea of filming burlesque/belly dancers and then rotoscoping them (which is the method used in A Scanner Darkly, another bloody film I now have to watch all the way through.) but I came to my senses and realised just how much work that would entail and have decided to go for something a little simpler. I'm going to fill an A4 page with random design and then colour it so the colours move and blend. This idea was better received than I thought it would be considering there is no narrative, unlike the others in the class. So, I have to make it bright and colourful and entertaining to compensate for the lack of narrative.

We were given a homework project called Destruction and Back Again, where we take a piece of paper and do random designs in it till it's black, then do random designs in it till it's white again taking photos, or scanning it in at every stage of the composition. This is when I discover that my copy of Photoshop CS2 will allow me to make an animation, but not save it as an animation. Annoyed? A little, yes. I'm going to have to bugger about trying to fix that problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment