Friday 11 November 2011

Day Twentyfour

Photography and Animation today, excited, I've wanted to do some animation for a while but had no idea where to start, now is my chance.
The first half of today was actually a continuation of Mondays pattern design. I started doing tesselations, lots of them, and a few turned out alright. I'm already beginning to think about what they could be used for, carpets, furniture, wallpaper, material, etc. Unfortunately all my files are WAY too big to upload at the moment and I need to go make them smaller before I can showcase them... Sorry about that!

In the afternoon it was animation and we were asked to pair up and grab a few things from the box and then take lots of photos of them moving around.
We chose a squid and  a lobster and had them moving towards each other from opposite ends of the table until they met in the middle and all hell ensued, it was bloody good fun. The final video will be uploaded to youtube reasonably soon and I will add the link here.
After this we learnt how to make shapes move using photoshop, and I made my triangle have an argument with the circle and muscle in on it's territory... I think I even gave them voices in my head... All in all a good day, and a good week, now I'm shattered.

No comments:

Post a Comment