Tuesday 13 September 2011

Day Two

Today we were given a project where we have to design and make an object using cardboard. A number of ideas ran through my head before we were told that it was a DESIGN project, not a FINE ART project, scrap those ideas, start again. I had recently had a conversation about Syd Mead and the F1 was on last weekend and this seemed to manifest in my brain and I began making a futuristic race car. The idea now needs to go along the transportation line and I have to create a number of ideas with this theme. We were also told we need to take photos at every stage and write all our ideas down, do a buck load of research and print it all out. Guess what I'm doing tonight? We also had to look at the work being done by the others in the class and maybe get some ideas from them. So much to think about and do, so little time!!

Today I pre-empted my hunger and bought some tuna past salad with me, so I actually ate today! Yay me! I've bought some sandwich stuff, so I know what I'm having tomorrow. I managed to get a parking space in the student car park, again yay me. Everyone seems really friendly, and helpful, and chatty during breaks or discussions, and quiet during work time, which is perfect for me!

Day Two and I'm really enjoying this, but I am oh so tired! Need sleep...

My first idea was for a futuristic style race car...

A photo of the Race Car, a small box with corrugated wheels, and the road going boat I don't quite like enough to finish.

This is a really weird and wild idea I had for a vehicle that can run on any side. The central feature is a cylindrical seating area which balances out so that whoever is inside is the right way up. 

There will be more ideas flowing once I have done some research on the subject and I will keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment