Wednesday 21 September 2011

Day Six

Today we had to be in a little early as we had an Introduction to the Library talk. This took about half an hour, and although completely unnecessary for intelligent people I understand there are some true idiots out there.

Then it was photography, and we were split into four groups, one group learnt how to use a cool programme called Lightroom (?) which you use to enhance your photos. One group did some photography research, one group took photos of each other in front of a white screen using filters and lights to get cool shadows, and one group got to use a cool little lighbox that Gavin made. After half an hour on each we swapped round so we got to do all the activities.
The lightbox was frickin awesome!! It's a square box with slits cut into the sides and top to shine your lights through, then black or white paper is placed in the box to give a smooth surface area, then you put a maquette or other object into the box and photograph it using different light effects. Here are some photos...








The afternoon was filled with designing my 3D project, I think I have my final design now, I just have to make it... The design is currently on paper and hasn't been scanned in, but I have no doubt I'll get it up before long.

2 comments:

  1. We bought Chris's dad a lightbox, it's wicked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes they are. I'm going to make one! It's going to be so good for photographing, quite literally, everything!!

    ReplyDelete