Tuesday 20 September 2011

Day Five

This morning I was a little worried. We were continuing our 3D project and I'm still not sure what I'm doing. Everyone seems to like the cute cars but I was having difficulty seeing where the hell it was all going or what my next step was going to be. Luckily we had to show and tell to the class and get feedback. I say luckily as I now have a few ideas of where to go and a better understanding of what is required from me. Not a perfect understanding, I'm still a little confused, but that's nothing new!
So now I have some ideas which I need to sketch down and figure out, the final model needs to be larger, and ultimately it's going to be the most insane thing I've ever done!

Our chat over-ran and we had lunch late. There was supposed to be a life model who didn't arrive so we ended up drawing our hand. We had to split our A2 page into four sections, then sit on our off-hand and draw a hand without a reference. I am far too confident in thinking I know how to do that, easy peasy. It was fucking awful! I haven't drawn a hand that badly in a long time! Then we had to look at our hand for 5 mins, before sitting on it again, slightly better but still not up to standard. Next was to look at the hand while drawing the hand but not looking at the paper... That was just plain messy! Finally we were allowed to study the hand as we drew.
New sheet of A2 paper. We had been given charcoal, graphite, eraser and putty rubber to use. We had to do a detailed drawing of our hand in charcoal, then a freer drawing of our hand, then another sheet and the same with graphite, then another sheet and we had to do a continuous line drawing, and eventually black the paper out and draw into it using the putty rubber.
These I managed to do well, back to my high standards. I kept getting told how good it all was and the tutor kept pointing it out. I was, for the first time in my life, called a teacher's pet.
It was an odd feeling, but I liked it...




3 comments:

  1. ha,
    told you i was a noisy woman. good site clare. think you may be over stylising that hand drawing but its a good start. bit worried about frank putting 5 fingers on his drawing, funny but concerning.
    rach

    ReplyDelete
  2. soory, bit of dyslexia there....nosy, nosey,,,,, knowsey, whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a good session, and quite enjoyable. I have every confidence of improving by the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete