Wednesday 14 September 2011

Day Three

Today we met in the it department, learnt how to log onto the computers and that if we want to print anything, to not bother, way too much hassle!!
We also began our photography project by going out and taking a few pictures using all the different functions on our individual cameras. I managed to get some interesting blurry effects by taking a photo of a tree a few feet away whilst in macro mode.


We took quite a few photos and now have to take a few more over the weekend. So I am going to be travelling the sights of Bristol, camera in hand, over the next few days. 

In the afternoon we went back to our main studio where we took photos of our maquettes with a brown background and using lights. Here are a few of those beauties...







Once these pictures were taken we painted our maquettes either black or white (I chose white) and have to photograph them against the same colour background (so black on black and white on white). Over the weekend we are to continue improving on our maquettes and also photograph them again, as I didn't get a chance in class.

I may have the rest of the week and the weekend off, but there is so much to do... Now I have to research European art circa 1400-1800... 

Once we were released from college I made my way to the Scrapstore where I purchased some card and a few scrapbooks, as we have to fill a scrapbook for each project, and one for health and safety. Dan, I need more prit-stick...

No comments:

Post a Comment