Tuesday 30 August 2011

Quick College Update

I set my alarm this morning to ensure I would be up bright and early. I got into my car and trundled off to the bank to check my account like a person with OCD. I've been checking it almost every day for a month! I saved up most of the £290 for college and borrowed the rest (Thank you uncle Tim!!) and I had to make sure we didn't overspend.

The money was still there!

As I am currently on JSA I had to take a copy of my bank statement with me to enrol so that I would get the discounted rate. I was expecting my statement to come in the post last week, but no. So while checking my account at the bank I also had to get them to print off a statement for me. I'm a little concerned as they didn't say they would charge me for it but others thing they will... Will have to check that later.

I now have the money and bank statement and I'm making my way to the college with the music up loud to distract my wild thoughts. I park, I buy a parking ticket (I really don't need a £30 fine right now!) and I'm sitting in the college office. I pull out all my paperwork and answer all the questions and am left wondering what the hell is going on as their system doesn't do as t's told! Like I need more reasons to freak out today!

Eventually she re-takes my picture for a new student card, I remembered to wash my hair last night so this time my photo makes me look human! She then takes my card, removes a small fortune from my account and wishes me a good day. Before I left I had to make sure we both understood where we were and asked ''So, it's all paid, I'm on the course, nothing is going to go wrong on your end?'' ''Yes, everything is fine.''

Are you sure? That was a little too easy. Nothing is EVER that easy... And that is the last time I'm going to be a pessimist about this.

I'M GOING TO COLLEGE!!!! IT'S OFFICIAL!!!!

Now to finish my homework...

No comments:

Post a Comment